The 2016 HouseMark ASB Conference held on 14th July moved from is traditional venue of Warwick University to an hotel in central London and, as is traditional, the latest ASB Benchmarking report was a significant feature with the following main points:
- The median rate of complaints for 2015/16 dropped to 45 per 1,000 properties compared with 52 per 1,000 properties in 2014/15
- Noise continues to be the most reported form of ASB to social landlords, accounting for 35% of all incidents.
- The most commonly used actions to tackle ASB continue to be informal early interventions, do not involve other agencies, legal action or tenancy enforcement and accounted for 76% of all actions.
- Case resolution rates have risen by less than one percentage point at the median compared to 2014/15. In 2015/16, 95% of ASB cases were recorded as successfully resolved at the median point.
- The median rate of satisfaction for case handling was 85%.
Of particular interest to the ReACT Team, as one would expect, was the systems in use to record and manage complaints. Of those responding over half stated that they use an adapted part of their housing management IT system up 21% since 2014, almost a third use a dedicated system such as ReACT which is similar to 2014, with just one using spreadsheets compared to 17% in 2014. No organisation admitted to using an access database or a paper system.
For social housing landlords ReACT is the most widely used dedicated ASB case management system. For more information please contact Nicola Tomlinson on 0121 384 2513 (selecting option 4) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Generous discounts are available to Resolve ASB members.
The ReACT User Group Meeting 2016 will be in Birmingham on 12th October.